Tuesday 11 March 2008

Introduction: Personal Vices and Rufus Wainwright.

Before anyone asks, yes the title is in reference to the Rufus Wainwright song Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk. I thought it would summarise my vices nicely, the only problem being that I don’t actually drink chocolate flavoured milk, hence the slight alteration. Perhaps I’ll get told off for plagiarism and make loads of money selling my sob story about evil soulless record companies to The Sun. We’ll see.

Of course I have more vices than just cigarettes and strawberry milk, I am human of course, and just strawberry milk on its own isn’t really one of them. Its strawberry milk plus medium fries, a BigMac or a McChicken sandwich and 6 chicken McNuggets.

Yes, the rubbery textured and bland tasting, sugar fuelled burger tempts me at least 2 or 3 times a week and even that unsatisfied, slightly sickly feeling that you get afterwards doesn’t deter me. However I have managed to resist the temptation for three weeks now and replaced it with doing the 45 minute walk to the tube station everyday and 20 minutes on my exercise bike.

Of course that doesn't solve the issues of beer, smoking and a tendancy to watch Hollyoaks.

No comments: