Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year Drinkopoly

The date changed... WOOOOOOO! I'm gonna be a scrooge and let it be known that I don't really give much of a crap about New Year.

One of my new pet hates around this miraculous date change is the ever growing trend of what I like to call 'A year in the life of...' status updates. The 'I've had a shit year... here's a really depressing list' pity party and the 'I'm going to rub in your face all the great things that happened to me that have happened to most human beings since the dawn of man. Rub, rub, rub!' status's that add to the extreme bore-fest that is NYE.

Rant over...

So this year the hubby and I decided to blow it all off, submit to becoming the boring old married couple that we will inevitably become and... stay at home. We're so cool and rebellious its unreal.

The hubby made me schmancy steak with some schmancy wine, (curtesy of his schmancy clients at his schmancy new job. Thank you rich people!) and discovered that pear liqueur is far more hardcore than it sounds. We also discovered the wonders of Drinkopoly.


In the true style of a boring old married couple, at the ripe old age of 29, we played board games. But because we are so hardcore, at the youthful age of 29, we added sambucca to it...and rum...and beer... and schmancy wine. I'm sure that this idea is totally original and no bored student has ever considered playing Monopoly with booze but either way I have decided it makes it way more awesome. The hubby always wins at every game ever but at least this way he is forced to down entire bottles of beer and numerous shots while doing so (commencing evil laugh of joy).

Here are the rules we came up with:
- Drink every time you buy something
- Drink every time you land on someone else's property
- Drink every time you pass Go
- When you get a set down the rest of your drink
- and the best one ever as the hubby landed on it 4 times! Do a shot every time you land on Free Parking

I will now proceed to shuffle with lost, quite literally in my slippers, for the rest of the day. Happy New Year!... I have a date with a toilet.

No comments: